[FC] Looking for a bracket

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sat Sep 3 12:02:04 EDT 2005

Hi,

On '62 and later FCs with manual transmission, there is a little bracket
that holds the front of the clutch return spring that is back by the
transmission. This bracket is held in place by the clevis pin that attaches
the rear end of the clutch cable to the rod coming from the transmission.
It's a little hard to describe in words. I can email a small picture to
anyone who thinks they can help--it's much more easily described in words.

Or, if you have a FC assembly manual for '62 and later, turn to UPC 6 or 7
(depending on the year) and locate the clutch linkage pages. The part I'm
talking about is #33 on the page I'm looking at. (I can also provide the
full GM number if you want.)

Apparently these brackets were often discarded when service work was
performed since the front of the spring can be hooked otherwise. I'd just
like to have the correct part.

Thanks!