[FC] Use of Galavanized Steel for Body Repairs

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Tue Sep 20 13:27:40 EDT 2005

Note that at some point, the Chevy parts department starting selling
galvanized windshield cowl panels for '65 and later Corvair cars. (As far as
I know, they were never installed at the factory.)

I have had two of these galvanized panels installed in two different
vehicles. This particular location is a real rust problem so having that
section be galvanized is sensible. The people who installed the two panels
(two different shops at two different times) were familiar with how to work
with galvanized material and everything went fine.

--Kent