[FC] compression check

Tom St.Amand lumppytom at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 23:45:31 EDT 2005

When testing I wait for five pushes of air, I would guess I got two thirds of the PSI on the first stroke and it was pretty much maxed out after three pumps.  The block is a 95 horse FC motor, I just checked and the right head came off a 62 80 horse motor and I could not coax the shroud off the bell housing to read the other side but at this point it is just a mutt motor so I gave up knowing if I got it off it would be just as hard to get back on.  I suppose I could have carbon build up on one side or the original head if those numbers seem high.
The points were good and I timed it by hand turning it over while watching a plug attached to the number 1 wire and the spark looked hot.
Thanks,
Tom