[FC] weird elec. problem solved

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Thu Apr 13 18:50:33 EDT 2006

One of the following repairs fixed the problem (chassis becoming POS; see

1. Replaced battery cable to ground and battery cable to starter.
2. Replaced corroded wire from harness to starter.
3. Replaced 10 gauge wire from battery to alternator
4. Spliced new 10 gauge wire from alt/bat to wire beyond rear  harness
connector (to front).

   I wish I could tell you what did it; but I was too impatient  to test
between each operation, all of which were overdue.

   The rampside started right up no problem; and then the next  problem
occurred. It wouldn't idle, but would run when I gave it a lot of gas. I  inspected
the carbs, found the left carb leaking gas, and took it apart. It  seems that
the floats have holes, and are full of gas.

   Does anyone have a solution to repair floats? Is there any  kind of paint
or other coating that I can dip them in to seal the tiny leaks? If  not, I
guess I can order some used ones.

Bill