[FC] weird elec. problem solved

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Thu Apr 13 19:20:46 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/13/2006 3:50:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Wild8bill at aol.com writes:

Does anyone have a solution to repair floats? Is there  any  kind of paint
or other coating that I can dip them in to seal  the tiny leaks? If  not, I
guess I can order some used  ones.

Bill,
NO, NO, NO, DO NOT TRY TO REPAIR THE THIN BRASS METAL OF THE  FLOAT.  Those
holes were not poked there, they wore there, through the  brass metal by
corrosion.  You can bet the rest of the float is just  about to let go also.  That
goes for the other side carb too.  I don't  know where you live but there is
someone near you that has a good set of used  ones that you can have or buy.

I'm in Riverside, CA and if you're near me send me a email and I'll  give you
a set.  Or you can order a set from one of the vendors or shops  near you.

Ed Corson  (CORSA member)
Corson's Classic  Corvairs