[FC] glove box door panel bright work for FC...

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sat Aug 19 02:48:04 EDT 2006

Merv,

The glove box door insert is part of RPO 431 in 1962. The Chevy truck
literature calls it the "dispatch box", by the way. The insert looked just
like the glove box door for the car except no emblem and no holes for the
emblem either.

Some more info:

Standard trim in '62: http://www.corvairkid.com/images/62fcstdint.jpg

RPO 431, Custom Equipment (aka "deluxe", although Chevy never used that
word) in '62: http://www.corvairkid.com/images/62fcdlxint.jpg

Other info on RPO 431--look it up in the long table on the following page to
see what else was part of it and also more info at very bottom of the same
page: http://www.corvairkid.com/62fcopts.htm

I would suspect that if your Greenbrier was originally equipped with RPO 431
that there would be a notation of it on the paint/trim tag that is up under
the dash behind the parking brake handle. In '64 & '65, for example, the
trim code is always either STD or Z60 (sometimes with some additional
exception codes). Oddly, all 15 of the '62 Loadsides in my registry
(http://www.corvairkid.com/62loadreg.htm) are STD so I can't tell you what
'62s equipped with RPO 431 would say in the Trim area of the tag. Maybe
someone with a '62 FC can tell us.

--Kent

P.S. RPO 431 became RPO Z60 beginning in 1963, when Chevy switched RPO
naming schemes from three numbers to a letter and two numbers.