[FC] Heater smell (stink?)

Ben's Bus bensbus at verizon.net
Wed Dec 6 16:50:48 EST 2006

Here's the deal. I had a "well refreshed" engine put in last Fall. It really was done well. No problems last winter to speak of. Now I am getting a stiff smell in the heat. It smells like a drop of oil falls on the manifold and then it goes away. The engine is bone dry. No leaks to speak of.

This smell usually occurs while pulling out and while acceleratin at high speeds such as to pass someone.

Any ideas? Any of you have this? I drive my van most of the year, so good smelling heat is important to me.

Thanks in advance.

Ben