[FC] Heater smell (stink?)

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 6 18:11:54 EST 2006

I would suspect a top cover leak.

Later, JR

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben's Bus" <bensbus at verizon.net>
To: <corvanatics at corvair.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 3:50 PM
Subject: [FC] Heater smell (stink?)

Here's the deal. I had a "well refreshed" engine put in last Fall. It really
was done well. No problems last winter to speak of. Now I am getting a stiff
smell in the heat. It smells like a drop of oil falls on the manifold and
then it goes away. The engine is bone dry. No leaks to speak of.

This smell usually occurs while pulling out and while acceleratin at high
speeds such as to pass someone.

Any ideas? Any of you have this? I drive my van most of the year, so good
smelling heat is important to me.

Thanks in advance.

Ben