[FC] Source for "G" clips?

David C. Herrin III source at adnc.com
Sun Dec 10 07:29:10 EST 2006

To All

Please post the manufacturer - supplier & part #  for any and all such small
parts.

I may no longer work on Corvairs but still need parts such as these

to have on hand and to include in kits - hardware packages.

Thanks,

David

Now on to the next parts sourcing question: Do you know of any supplier that

handles different sizes of "G" clip? This clip looks roughly like a hitch

pin that has been twisted into a pretzel. One particular size is used quite

a bit on Corvairs, as in:

* '60-4 clutch linkage, in the rear, for adjusting the swivel

* '61-5 FC clutch linkage, where the adjustment is made in the rear

* '66-9 accelerator linkage in the rear, on the pivot arm

There is another, smaller, size used in '69 only on the clutch linkage in

the front. You may know that the clutch cable changed in '69 to have a Heim

joint on the forward end. It was secured to the clutch pedal cross-shaft arm

by a 1/4" diameter clevis pin and one of these clips. The C992 clip doesn't

work with this small of a pin diameter; it's too loose.

Back in the day, this smaller "G" clip was Group 0.855, Part 3929059.

I have been able to find a source of the correct length and size clevis pins

(thanks to Mike Squires) but no dice on this size "G" clip. Any pointers?

Several sources I've checked have the larger size but not this smaller size.

Thanks,

--Kent

P.S. Clark's is interested in carrying both parts if we can find sources. I

have given them sourcing info on the clevis pins already.

P.P.S. If you have a used original or NOS 3929059 "G" clip that you want to

part with, let me know. :-)

Corvanatics at corvair.org