[FC] PCV

Ben and Lynn Stiles lbstiles at verizon.net
Sun Dec 31 19:59:58 EST 2006

Greetings and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I got word weeks ago that the smell in my heat that I got under load was perhaps a faulty PCV valve. I finally got to taking it out and inspecting it yesterday. Long story short, I went to the auto parts store and found three or four that LOOKED like the valve I took out. None of them had the overall mass of the "original." (Due to cheaper new stuff, I assume).

I am wondering what the difference between these valves might have been. The auto parts guys could not properly cross reference it to Corvair, so I picked one and brought it along. It is now installed, but as yet untested.

What PCV valve is recommended? Fram? NAPa?

Thanks. See you down the FC trail...

Ben