[FC] Heater Coil

James Davis jld at wk.net
Thu Feb 9 16:45:12 EST 2006

The cooling air at the bottom of the cylinder head is seldom more
then 50 degrees above ambient.  The only way I can figure to heat the
antifreeze is to wrap a ss coil around the exhaust manifolds.  Also
you would need an electric pump that would stand up to the antifreeze
temperature.
I love my factory gasoline heater.  No fumes, nearly instant heat,
and no fogging on rainy days.  I used it all day today where high
temperature was 38 degrees for the 300 mile trip to Advance
Plating  of Nashville and back.  I averaged about 60 mph for the five
hour trip and the Rampside got about 21 mpg with the heater on low.
Jim Davis