[FC] Advance Plating of Nashville

James Davis jld at wk.net
Thu Feb 9 21:11:46 EST 2006

I have been dealing with Advanced Plating for six years.  Nice people
to deal with.   Their restoration work is flawless.  Today I went
to  pick up some street rod parts for a builder (and friend that does
my aluminum welding) in Benton, KY ($12,000+) worth
restoration/plating for one car!)   Advanced is very slow.  Usually
three to four months turn around.  They are expensive and I recommend
them when you want perfection.  I had some Rampside latches replated
in Shreveport by United Bumper Exchange ten years ago.  They were $60
each and the job was ok but not as good as original. They lasted for
five years when the plating started to peal off the pot metal handles
and rust through the backing plates.   Last year I had four done by
Advanced Plating.  It cost $ 800 but are much better than original; I
would say perfect.  For general plating of bumpers and such, I send
or take them to Larry Claypool.  The last set of replated FC bumpers
from Larry guy was $266 exchange.  At Advanced Plating they would be
in the $800 range, but you get what you pay for.
Jim Davis