[FC] Starter issues

Charles r75 at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 12 15:12:53 EST 2006

Hello all, I've got some problems with my starter. It seems like the
solenoid is not pushing out enough to engage the ring gear. I worked
perfectly until I had the clutch replaced (disc, pressure plate, and
flywheel) and ever since I got it back it has had starting trouble. I
haven't checked yet to see how well the charging system is working but
might that be a possible problem? The starter isn't that old and, as I
said, was working perfectly. Things just die, I know, but what I can't
figure out is that strange thing where the starter won't engage but if
you put the trans in gear and let the clutch out so it slightly bumps
(you're on a mild grade let's say and not like trying to jump start, I
mean like not even enough of a jolt to spill a cup of coffee)  you then
depress the clutch  pedal and turn the ignition and like magic it
engages. What on earth is that all about?

thanks,

Charles