[FC] Starter issues

cesar julio julcaes75 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 00:42:43 EST 2006

Charles: Sounds like it might be an electrical problem (open circuit or  bad connection) and when you push the clutch it's closing the circuit.  Another thing it might be is the fulcrum pin in the Bendix drive, might  be worn down enough to not let the gear engage properly. Hope that  helps. JC

Charles <r75 at shaw.ca> wrote:  Thanks Shaun, I'll check into that and might as well take the starter
back to where it was rebuit for testing and/or replacement.

But I still can't figure out why "bumping the clutch" would change
anything. I was hoping someone could explain it for me or at least I'd
hear a few theories on the matter... I guess nobody really knows.

-  Charles