[FC] For Sale-----Extremely Low Mileage 63 Corvan

EconoUSAParts at aol.com EconoUSAParts at aol.com
Sun Jul 2 00:15:17 EDT 2006

   Folks,its with very sincere regret that I am putting my 63 Corvan up for
sale. Until this year, its been garaged its whole life. My current restoration
project just stole its garage spot:-(  I have no choice basically as I have
way too many toys and am way,way short on funds for my son's college that starts
in 2 months. Im actually gonna have to sell 3 or 4 of my nice vehicles in
order to pay my half of the cost. SInce Im a hard working,honest guy who pays all
his bills, I qualify for absolutely no assistance and no grant money for his
college. Its all on me and him basically. I never had the opportunity to
attend college so Im doing everything in my power to give him the opportuniy I
never had. Its a private school so unfortunately the cost is high.
       Back to the van.....Its an extremely original,extremely
clean,unmolested black 63 Corvan with only 24,125 miles on it and that is ORIGINAL mileage.
All chrome and stainless trim is beautful with zero pitting. All glass is
perfect. Everything works,all lights,switches,vents,heater,wipers,horn...you name
it. You would be hard pressed to find one in this condition anywhere that
hasnt been restored. The wiper arms still look like new. No cracks or flaws in
steering wheel period. The floor mat still looks like new,no tears. It has one
half bench(bucket) seat only from the factory and its in perfect condition,no
tears. Dash cluster is perfect,nice red needles and no faded gauges.
       I had the bumpers and mirrors repainted the original white by a body
shop. The bumpers are completely straight.
       The black paint on the body was a little dull so I had it buffed.  Its
fine for now but I would paint it at some point to keep it nice. There is
almsot zero rust,only 2 small spots,dime sized,none rusted completely thru....no
holes in body.There are a few tiny dings but overall this van is in great
shape. This van was used by a funeral parlor to haul flowers to the grave site
behind the hearse.It has 2 small brackets on the side where the funeral parlor
sign attached. Removing them will leave only 4 screw holes to fill,nothing else.

       I ve done a lot of work to it mechanically including rebuilding both
carbs,front wheel cylinders,complete tune-up,new wires,nice California rust
free gas tank replacing the old grunge filled one,tank and battery tray painted
with POR-15,new sending unit,new battery,new fuel pump and heater hoses from
Clark's, just changed oil and filter for 2nd time in a year.
       This van needs no parts that I know of except a new shifter boot. I
have bought but havent yet installed 2 NOS license plate lights to replace the
cracked ones it came with. Luckily they came black so they will match
prefectly.
       I have installed black and chrome factory mags from a 1969 Olds
442,with white letter radial tires on them. They look great on it. This van handles
the turns very nicely and it still rides like new. The suspenion is tight and
so is the steering. Remember it only has 24,125 miles on it so nothing is worn
out. I would recommend new shocks though.
        The previous owner used the stock wheels and hubcaps on another
Corvair he owned so I dont have the original wheels but I know a few places locally
that they can be gotten.
       I own 7 other driveable vehicles so I really never got a chance to
drive this van much at all. I had big plans for it but just never got to it. I
put less than 1000 miles on it in 2 years and only drove it locally,mostly to
car shows but did  take it to work a few times about 25 miles away.
        The van starts right up and runs good. I can assist in shipping if
needed but cant transport it myself unless fairly local.
       I also have a set of no window doors for the rear if someone desired
to swap them for the window ones on it. The side doors on it dont have glass in
them.
       I would included the 4 extra doors for an additional $100.

       Price is $4000 firm and well worth it. From what most of the folks I
talked with at the Corvair Nationals and other shows told me, this van is
lightyears ahead of the condition most of the vehicles in attendance started out
as. There is absolute minimal rust and I stand behind my word. This is the
nicest original condition vehicle of any kind I have ever owned and I ve owned a
lot of vehicles over the years. With minimal work and money this can be one
really sweet ride. I can send pics to anyone interested as soon as I get my
digital camera back from a friend.
       Contact me at EconoUSAparts at aol.com.    I can call and discuss it
further if you supply a phone number.
       This van is not yet listed for sale anywhere but will run on ebay if
no interest here.

.
                                                       Tim in Ky
                                                Econo USA Parts
                                 Your used 61-67 Econoline parts source
                               Constantly parting out E100 vans and trucks
                                            A100 parts also available

                                                  Ebay Falcon1966