[FC] U-joints

VairMech at aol.com VairMech at aol.com
Fri Jul 21 18:44:00 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/21/2006 3:02:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

They are  made both ways.  Try for the ones WITH!

    UH OH, here I go being controversial again. There  are some Brute Force
U-joints out there that are sealed with no zerk fitting. I  use these whenever
I can justify the cost as they are more expensive. I even use  them on the
race car. I do clean out the grease that the factory puts in and put  in my
AMSOIL GREASE.

    That being said, new u-joints may cure the problem  for a very short
while. I think the real problem is where the stub axle goes in  the diff. The slip
fit of the diff is worn out in this spot letting the axle  move much more
than it is supposed to and that is what is making your click. It  will be the
short stub axle that is making the noise.

    Ken Hand