[FC] help needed with signal switch wiring...

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Sun Jul 23 01:04:20 EDT 2006

Hi folks!

Since I do not have a connector for the turnsignal switch on my GB, I will have to go for a temporary arrangement using blade connectors. Problem is, the wiring diagram does not seem totally compatible with the wires previously connected to the aftermarket turnsignal.

First, I would like confirmation that I have figured out the wiring diagram in the shop manual correctly... it is not terribly friendly even with a magnifying glass...

single blade at the 'top' of the pyramid - white
middle row: left blade - violet / right blade - pink
bottom row: left blade - dark blue / middle blade - yellow / right blade light blue

Is this correct?

Next problem: the wires hanging out that I need to connect to the switch are; white, yellow, light blue, pink, violet, and then the problem.... two dark blue wires!

Any thoughts on how to determine which is the correct dark blue wire? Might I need to use them both?

Third question: does the switch mount on the support with the connector side up (under the dash) or down (pointing towards the pedals and hence danger of catching my toe on it and busting it)???? It seems to mount easily pointing down. I am pretty sure that is how it was when I took it apart for painting (about a year ago). I can mount it pointing up with a bit of modification without too much trouble.

thanx for your assistance!
toodles
Merv Krull
Salmon Arm, BC