[FC] Road trip to Buffalo-Day2

Bill Wells brierpath at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 24 08:11:11 EDT 2006

Folks,

  We left Nashville around 8:00am and headed up the road to Greenbrier,TN. This was a neat little town we imagined being named after our favorite air-cooled trucks. However, it was founded in 1937, so I guess not. It was very clean and the locals were friendly. There were rumors of a Corvair van in the area, but no time to track it down. Some Dr. Pepper for Woo and we were on our way.
  The area just north of Nashville is beautiful. The country roads that got us back to I65 wound through the hills and were very scenic.
  Back on the interstate, we stopped for lunch just south of Louisville,KY. Steve found a Vairy 8 Hot Wheels Corvair in the gift shop that nobody had seen before. It was olive drab, mid-engined and had the number 8 on the side. It took us a while to get Kat out of the restroom, as usual. For some reason, she had removed her shoes in there and we had to send Woo in after her. This restaurant had the biggest chicken fried steak plate we had ever seen.
  On the move north again, it began to warm up a little just over the river in Cincinnati. Up until then, the weather had been very cool, dry and comfortable. Fortunately, it remained dry and about 60 miles south of Columbus,OH ,it got cloudy and the air became cool again. We cruised right in to Columbus and hooked up with Steve's wife, Marty and her parents. Nice folks with a museum for a garage. We bopped out to Marty's sister's place for dessert and to check out her 1790's vintage house. Very cool.
  We bedded down for the night in Columbus, with Steve planning to be up early to try and seal up a transmission leak and my final sound for the night being an ominous screech from my transmission when backing up to the hotel room. We are hoping it will hold together until we get to Buffalo.
  More later,
  Bill Wells