[FC] GB painted grille or chrome grille? process name...

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Wed Jun 21 23:37:06 EDT 2006

Hi again!
The process is called "Cosmichrome"
Kinda cheesy sounding, but it really looks great. The item is sprayed with a
special primer, the sanded to 1000, the sprayed with a chemical agent to
"open the pores" of the primer, the sprayed with pure distilled water, then
the chrome spray which is a silvery substance (mostly water) that gets
soaked up by the primer. Super shiny now... clear coat goes on to protect
it. Normal clearcoats yellow from UV. This stuff will not discolour.
Apparently, this is the only shop in BC.
Anyone want to send a small item to experiment on?

Cost for the GB grille is expected to be around $300.

toodles
Merv