[FC] Tire Inflation (was Ken Hand Spring Kit)

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Sun Mar 5 16:46:48 EST 2006

Hello Folks,

Important note on tire inflation pressures!

Make sure to check the sidewall of your tires for the maximum inflation
pressure at rated load.  Always use this pressure as an upper limit, then
figure down to determine your running tire pressures.  Most passenger car
tires are load rated at 35 psi but some performance types are rated at
higher pressures.  e.g. the Pirelli P-4000's on our Greenbrier have a max
load inflation rating of 51 psi; therefore I have interpolated my running
pressures up to 44 front/48 rear.  Pay careful attention if you are running
light truck (LT) or extended load (XL) tires on your FC as these types are
usually rated at higher inflation pressures.

Dale Dewald
Hancock (still 40" of snow on the ground), MI

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.