[FC] Re: Corvanatics Digest, Vol 14, Issue 15

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 10 15:20:41 EST 2006

-----Original Message-----

You all realize this is two different, but related, topics -- Where the
replies go, and What should be a private post.

And yes, the first one is primarily a matter of traffic management. The
second one is a matter of great subjectivity, more like judging Olympic
ice skating, and I, for one, did not see what was wrong with the post
that started all this -- yes, it could have been sent privately, but did
it harm anything sent to the list? No -- all it (& Ken's reply) did was
generate all this extra traffic about replies and how we post -- was
that preferable?  Was there Forward Control content in all this? At
least JR's post was about fc throttle cables ...

Personally, I think Mr Smarti has it right -- "I suppose the sender
could actually look and check the email address before hitting the send
button?"

Next, we can talk about keeping the Subject line current ...

etc, ad infinitum --

Bill