[FC] FC Toys

JOSEPH DARINSIG joedarinsig at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 11 19:52:46 EST 2006

 I was forwarded this question and information from
Jim Enfield (a Corvanatics member). About wether a
Greenbrier diecast toy was ever made....!!?? The
answer is: "no."
 There were numerous Greenbrier and Corvan tin toys
manufactured, all Japanese. Such as KTS, A.L. Toys
(Asakusa). Structo made the yellow Greenbrier (metal)
School Bus version, as well as all the Rampisde trucks
in many colors.
 Amway made two Corvan shampoo plastic vans, similiar
to the Avon cars/trucks. One was molded in white
polyethlyene plastic, and the other was green. Also, a
small blow mold type Greenbrier; about 4 1/2" long was
made with the Pennsylvania Elks Home Service Program
name on the side. It was in white, and could be used
as a bank.
 Again, referring to you original question: there was
"no" Greenbrier diecast toys produced. As Gary
Swiatowy also mentioned, there was some resin cast
repro Greenbrier/Corvans on Ebay in two sizes. And,
there was "no" plastic model kits ever produced either
on a Greenbrier or Corvan.
 I have over 600+ Corvair toys in my collection,
ranging from Promos, built/unbuilt model kits,
diecast, Tins, other materials. Hope this information
helps on your question...
 Joe Darinsig

 Canb you please forward this answer to your
Corvanatics email group, etc. Thanks.