[FC] best tire/rim for fc

woohey at aim.com woohey at aim.com
Sat Mar 25 09:39:59 EST 2006

My apologies guys, I know this question has been posted many times
before, so if anyone wants to forward prior emails it would be greatly
appreciated.

I am looking for the best tire and rim combination for my greenbriar,
just the appropiate sizes.  Would like to maybe go low profile on the
tires if appropiate, and will probably use aftermarket wheels.

Some background:  all drivetrain has been replaced, including all new
bushings, ball joints, etc.  Currently using Ken Hand's cut springs on
front end and running low pressure gas shocks, depending on the outcome
 from tires and wheeels, may update to high pressure shocks all around.
The only thing not replaced in suspension is tie rods, but they are in
very good shape.

My goal is to consistently cruise @70-80 with solid ride, van runs well
at that speed, although there is lots of float, especially if windy.
We also probably add s-10 spoiler.

I think i should start with new tires and wheels and tires are bald and
shows early signs of dry rot.

I dont mind spending some money, just want to do it right the first
time.

Thanks in advance for all the assistance.

Sincerely,

Keith Graham
'64 brier
'63 vert