[FC] Granny Transmission

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 9 00:19:53 EDT 2006

Not sure what you mean by "granny trans", but I know that first in my '61
Rampside let's me beat everyone away from the light.  I refer to it as the
"stump puller" first gear.  The thing is, I need to shift to 2nd only 1/2
way through the intersection.  First is such a low gear that I sometimes
just don't even bother with it and just start out in 2nd.

The shifter does have a long throw between gears (mystery shifter - but
tight).  So, it is slow to shift just because of the travel of the gear
shift lever.  Is this why you are referring to it as "granny" - slow to move
between gears?

Also powered by a 110.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140 (times 2 for now)
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140