[FC] help needed with radio....

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Wed May 17 23:29:51 EDT 2006

Hi all!

I set up a test bench to check out three radios, one from the GB, one from the 64 700, and one bought from an outdoor vendor at the CORSA convention in Portland last year.

The radio from the GB worked fine in the vehicle. Now it does not.

The radio from the 700 crackled and sounded feeble. It works great on the bench.

The radio from the vendor.... just a soft pop when I turn the switch on and off.

There are some differences amongst these radios.

The ones from the GB and the vendor have black push buttons and have a larger hole for the tuning dial with a dish device for the mounting nut which is about 1/2 behind the dash plate.

The one out of the 700 has chrome push buttons and the chrome plate on the fascia is missing. The tuning dial goes through a small hole and the mounting nut is flush with the face plate in the dash.

Any help would be appreciated!
toodles
Merv Krull
Salmon Arm, BC