[FC] A Serious Heater Duct Upgrade

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Tue Nov 7 20:28:47 EST 2006

After replacing the 4" heater ducts over and over, and over again, on  the
several Vairs I own (since the 70s), I've finally wised up.  I just  received an
order from a company called : "Aircraft Spruce." Received was a  length of 4"
SCAT-16 red silicon rubber impregnated round flex duct, rated to  withstands
temperatures from -80 to over 450 degrees F.  The duct contains  an inner
spring of steel, copper-clad wire; the wire is well insulated via the  silicone
rubber jacket and a fiberglass cord reinforcement. While I haven't  yet
installed the "piece," the flexibility is clearly much better than the  "stock"
product sold by GM and later, the vendors, and I expect the new material  to much
out perform what I've been using over the years. The cost to do one  vehicle,
with shipping: about $60.00.

Air Craft Spruce: _http://www.aircraftspruce.com/_
(http://www.aircraftspruce.com/)

4" Duct: _http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ap/ducting.html_
(http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ap/ducting.html)

Mike Mauro
of various Corvairs and other bad  habits