[FC] Window Felts?

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Wed Nov 8 14:42:30 EST 2006

Is "Window Felt Tracks" the stuff in the channel at the front of the glass (in the chrome piece)?  That looks like a real treat to replace.

  I, too have the CU rubber channels for the doorglass, but have not had time to install.  They look nice, but Ive had too many other vehicular repairs (mostly to the family waterpumpers) in front of this job!

  I had ordered the long, long rubber channels for the side windows (roll-downs), but after looking around in the garage for them and checking my Credit card bill, realized that they had never been sent.  Need to call them back and try again.

  Everett Wilson
  North Richland Hills TX

Merv Krull <krupross at sunwave.net> wrote:
  Windshield rubber - CU (perfect fit!)
rear window rubber - Clarkes (not installed yet, but should be easy
peasy)
weather strips - CU (not installed yet... should be easy, plan to do
that while doors are sitting on the bench)
fuzzies - CU (after a looooooong wait... needed a little bending to make
them fit better)
fixed glass gaskets - Clarkes (very frustrated, see note below)
miscellaneous rubber stops - re-using some, some from Scotts Super
Trucks in Penhold Alberta (Scott owns a rampside!)
www.scottssupertrucks.com
window felt tracks - Rainbow Glass here in Salmon Arm, BC. (not
installed yet, but previously used them in 53 GMC
restoration.... perfect!)
Vent window/window hard channel - CU (not installed yet)

I would love to hear how you get the fixed side windows back in..... I have
almost given up in frustration and plan to bring it to Rainbow Glass. The
owners of RG also restore 55/56/57 Chevys and they have a lot of tricks up
their sleeves. Wanta 5/6/7 Chevy? Got $60,000?

toodles
Merv Krull
Salmon Arm, BC