[FC] throttle cable replacement - Advertisement

David C. Herrin III source at adnc.com
Thu Nov 9 23:54:40 EST 2006

Thanks Joel.

The response to new FC Cables is underwhelming. I suppose they await the
copycat Third World products - promised for decades - by the "other" Corvair
Parts vendors. I have stopped R&D on several new FC part projects due to
very poor response - sales. Not even a single request for the Product
Bulletin.

David

___________________

Not to sound like a shill for "The Source", and I know I've said this

before...

I have one of The Source's accel cables in my Rampy, now with over

20,000miles on it.  The PO had multiple springs on the old cable that I was

able to remove because of the lighter action of the new piece.  It's a

superior part and well worth the money IMO.  We're not talking serious bucks

here, and having a cobbled together accel cable is something that could

leave you stranded if it ever broke.

Regards, Joel

_______________________

You have two basic choices

1) acquire a GM NOS with all of its shortcomings

or

2) our modernized Ultra Series FC Accel Cable Assembly.

Introduced at the GWFBT&SM in 2005.

Product Bulletin available by request.

David

Group,

          Is there any cheap way to replace the throttle cable on a 61 Rampy

without buying the expensive one from the vender? Can you just modify a

cable from the hardware store? I have bought the cable end adjuster form a

vender already.