[FC] FC rubber floor mat

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Fri Nov 17 21:51:10 EST 2006

I bought a gray "indoor-outdoor" carpet at Costco for $20 that has a  rubber
back on it; 6'x9'. The material looks like a thicker version of what they
cover pro-audio speaker cabinets with. I used the old floormat from the rampside
to make a new carpet version. It worked so well, that I have used the same
material to replace the very intact (and now squirreled away) rear floor mat
from the greenbrier, as well as the front, and as a cargo floor protector  in
my Dodge Sprinter. Although this material is fairly thick and sturdy, it can
be formed to compound curves with a little heat and spray adhesive (if needed).
 Seams are invisible if done correctly. Since my rampy is far from a
collector  with all the body work, I think I may use this carpet under and behind the
seat  to cut down on noise and insulate the cab more.

Bill
'61 rampside
'63 greenbrier