[FC] Oil Leak Update

Bill Chellis chelvis at camano.net
Sun Nov 19 00:14:53 EST 2006

Good evening:

At the risk of jinxing myself, it appears I have resolved the massive oil leak my Rampside developed suddenly.
I was never able to isolate the culprit, so I replaced the top cover gaskets, gen adapter gasket, rear housing gasket and seal, oil cooler gasket and o-rings, oil pump gasket and oil pressure sending unit.  Added a new set of serrated bolts for good measure.
In addition, I spent at least 2 hours cleaning out pine cone or maple seed remnants lodged between the cooling fins that had been left behind by transient mice.

Did find out during this exercise that what I was told was a 1961 80 HP 145 (YC) engine is actually a 1964 95 HP 164 (YC).

But the PG has started shifting weird, so the score is now Rampside 2, Bill 1.

Bill Chellis