[FC] Speedo cable

Ben's Bus bensbus at verizon.net
Tue Oct 31 16:45:59 EST 2006

FCers...

I thought I had a broken speedo cable, now I know it is most likely just the transaxle cable end. How long is the square cable end that inserts onto the transaxle housing? Mine looks like part of it is missing considering there was lots of rust there and the square end ends abruptly and sharply as if some of it sheered off or disintegrated.

What are the possibilities that I have to clean some of this out of the transaxle input area...and how difficult might that be?

I am hoping the end is just disintegrated. I already ordered a new cable from Corvair Ranch to replace the one that I removed.

Thanks for your input!

Ben Stiles