[FC] Speedo cable/FC "Buckets"

lynn.stiles bensbus at paonline.com
Tue Oct 31 17:11:09 EST 2006

Folks-

We changed our e-mail address as I mentioned a few weeks ago. I don't think I am receiving Corvanatics at corvair.org e-mails at all. I am going to try to send this message using my old e-mail address.

Does anyone have a pair of FC "bucket" seats for sale? Jim from CT is looking for a pair. He is trying to officially turn his beautiful Greenbrier into a camper. We also had two hours of fun Saturday night proving that a mid 80's VW Vanagon folding seat will fit in a Greenbrier with modifications. Seat to bed in just a few seconds!

Also, can anyone tell me how long the square transaxle end of a speedo cable should be (ie. how far should it protrude beyond the casing)? I thought my cable broke, but now I believe the end that goes into the transaxle either disintegrated or broke off in the input. If it broke off, how much work am I looking at to correct it/clean it out? I already ordered a new cable from Corvair Ranch.

Thanks. I hope all are well...

Ben