[FC] rear sway bar install

Ben and Lynn Stiles lbstiles at verizon.net
Thu Apr 5 17:03:53 EDT 2007

Ladies and gentlemen:

I finally stopped in after more than a week without a call to check on my Greenbrier's alignment progress. Turns out he had some questions and just didn't get around to calling. The van needs new lower a-arm bushings, and springs in front for proper alignment. I am going to order Ken Hand's spring/shock set up and do this right. I do not have a current Clark's catalogue...any ideas on current price/part number for lower a-arm bushings?

Bigger problem was he could not for the life of him figure out how to install the rear sway bar. AMCO's instructions are as from a caveman, and I know some drilling and a bit of fabrication is required. Can any of you give me specific dimensions ("measure from here to here"..."drill hole in the center of ????") for installation of the rear sway bar? He did not want to go ahead and experiment and put a bunch of incorrect holes in my frame.

I did take some good pictures of Mike Emmanuel's Corvan's rear sway bar in Buffalo. I will pass them onto the mechanic as well. He is qualified, just doesn't want to mess up. Any help/measurements you can offer would be greatly appreciated. In any event, I am happy to report that with the front sway bar installed, it already drove home much more stable in cross winds than before. I should have done this years ago.

Thanks!  Ben