[FC] Fuse

James Davis jld at wk.net
Wed Aug 22 22:42:19 EDT 2007

The 61 shop manual calls for a AGC - 20 amp fuse in the heater blower
circuit.  Max current draw is when starting the fan motor so unless
it is dragging or needs new grease, a 20 amp fuse should be
sufficient.  A stock fan motor draws about 16 amps starting and 8/9
amps running, so I suspect a 15 amp wouldn't last to long in the
heater fan application.  The radio draws only about 2.5 amps and a 4
amp fuse is recommended.  So if you are running the radio and heater
fan of the same circuit a 25 amps fuse might be in order.  For
inductive electrical circuits a "slow blow" fuse is
recommended.  While GM did not specify such a fuse, I would surely
try a "slow-blow" it the regular fuses continue to blow.
Jim Davis