[FC] Sheesh !

Ben's Bus bensbus at verizon.net
Wed Feb 21 18:53:40 EST 2007

Agreed, Bruce. I think back on the many, many miles I drove without a care
in my Greenbrier as a young man never knowing or thinking about the problems
that could occur. During that time, I learned by asking anyone in the
Corvair hobby for advice. I learned a lot and carry more spare parts and
tools now. I will only chime in, however, when I have something helpful. It
is interesting to read some of the responses on the FC threads.

BTW, I ran 195/75/R14s for the longest time until COSTCO equated the
205/75/R14 as closer to the original. I did not argue and they are quite
anal. I ran them on the Ramp for several years and loved the ride. When the
Greenbrier's tires finally wore out, the same went on. A great ride. They
are Michelins.

And, yes, this tire question has been asked several times before; at least
once by yours truly at least a year ago.

I have not done much to wear out the tires this winter. For the first time
since we've been married, Lynn and my work schedules allow carpooling, so
the Greenbrier has gratefully not seen salt this winter.

Happy Vairing, everyone.

Ben

> The only stupid question is the one never asked!!  I have been into
Corvairs