[FC] Sheesh !

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Feb 21 21:01:31 EST 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 5:38 PM, Chris & Bill Strickland wrote:

> this must be a bad day for me

Ayup, I'll agree with that.  I like a nice IPA on days like that.
Anyway, asking questions before you buy is good.  Wasting money on the
wrong tires is, well, kinda dumb.

Personally, I liked the answer that the 205/75-14 was a real good match
to the stock tire, and was actually compared to a stock tire.  Now, I
have no intention of buying any 205/75-14s.

So why would I care?

Well, I'm glad you asked.  See, now I can punch that size into a tire
diameter calculator and get a nice range of sizes.  It's also worth
mentioning that the swing axles on the FCs don't really like superwide
tires, and in a 14" rim that fits on the trucks, 225 is about the
maximum width in the rear.

So, there ya go.

BTW, my keyboard has this button at the top right.  It says
"d-e-l-e-t-e".  <Edward G. Robinson voice>It makes messages you don't
want to read go away, see.</Edward G. Robinson voice>  Now, let me go
fetch a beer (c.f. above to IPA).

--Bryan (enroute to beer fridge)