[FC] brake leak at junction block (HOPE IT HASN'T BEEN ASKED)

vair65 at netzero.net vair65 at netzero.net
Wed Feb 21 21:39:57 EST 2007

Judging from the subject line one might think that I was offended.  Not so, Just trying to give fair warning to those that do not like people asking a question that was asked in the past the ability to hit the DELETE key.  Now since I have that out of the way.
It seems that most people here use the 205 75/14 tire.  I will go back with that, and can rest that I won't spend $240.00 on tires to big or to small for the rampy.  Thanks to those with positive feedback.  For those that had rotten tomatoes this morning, please toss and get some new ones.
Tonight after work I took some time and hooked up the hill billy brake bleeder that I put together the night before.  The old electric pump worked great at pulling the brake fluid through the lines.  I noticed that I kept getting bubbles out (clear plastic hose), this told me I had a leak somewhere.  Since all the lines were replaced with new ones I assumed that it had to be at a joint.  Sure enough the tee block on the front crossmember is leaking.  I tried to tighten the line hoping that I just didn't tighten it when I put it on, but this is not the case.  What should I be looking for on the block when I remove the line?  Are new ones available (part number)?
Thanks,
Keith Hammett (learning something new everyday)