[FC] Greenbrier Alignment Settings?

Vern in Bend vernmcintosh at eoni.com
Thu Feb 22 09:50:51 EST 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 5:13 PM, Everett wrote:

> Speaking of that, is the only method of reducing the camber in the
> rear to cut a coil off standard springs?  I rarely carry more than 2-3
> people in the thing and I really dont like the wheels tucked in at the
> bottom like they are when its empty.  Would doing this help handling
> some? (I know its not a car, but....)

That is how I resolved that issue on my '64 Corvan, my daily driver for 33
years now. I couldn't stand the butt-high attitude, so about 30 years ago I
cut a coil from the rear springs. That alone was too low, so I shimmed them
back up with 1" rubber spacers under the springs - just right, with a very
slight positive camber.

I didn't know what to expect in terms of durability of the rubber spacers,
so I bought two sets in order to have ready replacements. I check them every
year or so, and they still look like new and the spares are still on the
shelf, at least 250k miles now. YMMV.

Vern McIntosh
Bend, Oregon