[FC] brake leak at junction block

Vern in Bend vernmcintosh at eoni.com
Thu Feb 22 13:24:04 EST 2007

Keith wrote,

>snip<

>Tonight after work I took some time and hooked up the hill billy brake
bleeder that I >put together the night before.  The old electric pump worked
great at pulling the brake >fluid through the lines.  I noticed that I kept
getting bubbles out (clear plastic hose), >this told me I had a leak
somewhere.  Since all the lines were replaced with new >ones I assumed that
it had to be at a joint.  Sure enough the tee block on the front
>crossmember is leaking.  I tried to tighten the line hoping that I just
didn't tighten it >when I put it on, but this is not the case.  What should
I be looking for on the block >when I remove the line?  Are new ones
available (part number)?
>Thanks,
>Keith Hammett (learning something new everyday)

Provided the tee block is not damaged, I would suggest trying some
anti-seize on the threads of the end connectors, it might allow you to get
it just enough "tighter" to cause the tubing flares to conform to the tee
block sealing surfaces.

Also, hopefully you are using a hex tubing wrench in order to have a
stronger and more even grip around the end connectors without deforming
them.

Vern McIntosh
Bend, Oregon