[FC] Greenbrier Alignment Settings?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Feb 22 15:56:28 EST 2007

Since a swing axle doesn't hinge on the outside end, alignment of the
rear is done by moving the powerpack around on a Corvair (early car or
FC).  Since there's no provision to move it up or down, you have to do
something with the springs to change the camber.

However, before you do anything, I would verify the alignment, as
another poster suggested the toe could be off as well.  Also, is it
high because you have big tires, or because the springs are long?  If
it has negative camber *and* it sits high in the rear that suggests the
real problem is you have tires that are too large in diameter, and the
springs are short.

If you're going to weld, I agree with the suggestion of just adapting a
late model car rear suspension.  There was an article in the Communique
that included a couple photos of a Rampside with just such an
installation.

--Bryan