[FC] block conversion

vair65 at netzero.net vair65 at netzero.net
Mon Feb 26 13:32:53 EST 2007

I used Tim's proceedure below and found that the hardest part was getting brave enough to put the hole saw to the block.  Once I got over the fear of making junk out of a good late block it was easy...
Keith Hammett
Tim wrote------
i just used a 1 inch holesaw bit (deep one on an extension) and siliconed
the tube in place with the good silicone  (loctite 5900 works best in  oil)
i think pictures of my butcher job are on the web picture site.  i  have done
this several times over the years with no troubles at all.  put  the shroud
in place first , then drill it using the shroud as a guide and a  picture of a
fc block as the placement guide.  dont use cheap silicone or  it will shrivel
up in the oil....and mark its spot.

regards, tim colson

_http://www.corvair.de/n2vzd/_ (http://www.corvair.de/n2vzd/)