[FC] PCV

Dennis Dorogi dfamily at cecomet.net
Mon Jan 1 13:21:33 EST 2007

Vair-iations, the newsletter of the Niagara Frontier Corvair Club recently
printed a tech article on how I modified a pcv valve to the fixed orfice of
the late models. I wanted to keep the stock appearance of my rampside so I
cut the original style pcv valve in half and gutted it, installed a carb jet
in the small end, drilled out the jet to .062  and brazed the valve back
together.  The valve looks completely stock and has the advantage of being
easily removed to clean the orfice or to change the orfice size.  It seems
to be a satisfactory solution to the troublesome pcv valve on the 63
corvairs.  The complete how-to-do-it article is printed in the January issue
of the newsletter.  It is just a refinement of what Lew Rishel and Tim
Colson were doing on their vehicles.  Dennis Dorogi