[FC] FC Reflectors

David C. Herrin III source at adnc.com
Mon Jan 15 22:43:00 EST 2007

Merv, Bill, etc.

I have been listening to this thread...
We have considered a real reproduction
with the proper aluminum backing and the original GM reflective coating
(Anyone have any information concerning this OE coating ? )

plus an option of a much improved and longer lasting DOT "reflective tape"
that is more original in color than the historical / current repros
(that is more orange than red in coloration ).

I would want to make minimum of 100 - 150 pairs - to be a viable project.
Somehow convince me !

I am quite disappointed in the sales to date
of both our Ultra Series FC Clutch & Accel Cables.

David

Merv wrote --
Since good, original reflectors are rather like the proverbial hen's
teeth, it would seem like someone would produce a viable alternative.
All the repos so far have, imo, failed to duplicate the originals,
although I know not why -- seems like they would be easy to do --
probably just not enough market to make a thousand ... <snip>

Bill Strickland