[FC] FC Reflectors

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 15 22:52:30 EST 2007

The fastest way for an item to loose all interest by the hobbyist is to know that a reproduction is available.  Once the reproduction is made, then they only have interest in purchasing it when there vehicle needs it.  If there is no reproduction and a NOS item comes up for sale, then everyone that has ever wanted one, will be bidding on ebay for the item.  I recently saw a car collector book sell for $625 that originally cost $75, and it is a paper back.  It has been out of production for many years.  If they were to re run the book, it probably wouldn't sell but a few copies.  Same with most reproduction parts.  It took over 15 years to sell off the 1964 wheel opening and rocker moldings.  That was a run of only 3000 pieces each.  The few remaining in stock, when put on ebay go for 3, 4, or 5 times what they originally sold for.  This is why I stopped doing reproductions.  Not enough demand any longer, since most of the daily drivers are gone.
Paul in CT