[FC] Econoline Replica

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 24 03:03:40 EST 2007

Page 38 of your newest "Replica Collection" catalog illustrates a 1965 Ford
Econoline Pickup.

Two descriptive items seem to be in SERIOUS question.

First - it is described as being the "First Compact Pickup."  I'd go along
with that if you were talking about US produced only - ala VW.  You did Not
say US only in the description.

Second - this line comes from your "fine print"..... "copied by Dodge,
Chevrolet, and GMC".

My question is.... Have you given ANY consideration to the "95" series of
Chevrolet - CORVAIR - trucks which were first PRODUCED in 1961 - and ending
with the 1965 model year?  They included vans - both window and windowless
styles and PICKUPS - both with and without ramps.  They were certainly
developed PRIOR to 1961.  This would (obviously) negate the statements about
"first" and about "copied".

An example - a 1961 version (mine) is attached.

Questions?  Reply VIA email, please.

A response would be GREATLY appreciated.

 Later, JR

CCE and CORSA member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)

Note:  VV and CCE members will not see the attachment, but drop me a note
and I will send as a private email with the pic.