[FC] Re: Tail lights on the Rampside

TiM M mr_tim34 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 17:44:02 EST 2007

     Thanks for all the great tips. I probably should
have told you that I had already modified the right
hand side with a LED board so the wiring wasn't stock.
The socket had gone bad and I decided to just replace
it with a bunch of LEDs. It worked fine for about a
year. I tracked the current problem back to the turn
signal switch and the left hand rear socket going bad
as well. The bulb on the left was shorting the parking
light to the brake light.
     I now have 25 super bright red LEDs on each side,
10 light for the parking lamps and all 25 light for
the brakes. It works well and should last for the life
of the truck. The fronts will probably be the next to
go. How do you get the old lamp socket out with
breaking things?

TiM

'61 Electric Rampside