[FC] oils leaks.... the saga continues....

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Fri Jul 20 13:39:14 EDT 2007

Hi all!

After getting the rear shocks put in the GB  (monroe LTs... awesome!) the clutch got worse and chattered so much I thought the whole drive train was going to fly apart.

I pulled the drive train out yesterday, even remembered to undo the gas line and speedo, and started to split it at the transaxle/bellhousing. Before I started yanking on it, I remembered to install at least three guide pins. ... so there it sits.

I am 90% certain that it is not a 110 which leads me to the next theory.... it has a smaller diameter input shaft. I was told by the PO that it was a 110, so I had previously installed a new seal in the snout for a 110 which has a larger diameter input shaft. I believe this is the source of the oil.

More later....

toodles
Merv KRull
Salmon Arm, BC