[FC] hoo-ah #2... help!

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Wed Jun 13 00:34:10 EDT 2007

Hi all!

Since the engine had not been started since May of 05, I did the trick of removing distributor and I engineered a spike into an oil pump drive shaft and just spun it with my fingers.... easy at first, then I could really feel some back pressure... when I let go of the spike, it would turn backwards nearly one full revolution. Then I gradually turned the engine over three or four times with a wrench on the pulley and continued to spin the spike.
Stuck the distributor back in, pulled the coil wire, and gave the key a turn. Good sound! ..... except that the starter engaged in the ON position instead of START position.... methinks I reconnected the ignition switch incorrectly.... will dive back in tomorrow.
Just wondering if it might have something to do with the relay I installed for the blower fan...?
toodles
Merv Krull
Salmon Arm, BC