[FC] steering squeak

Ben's Bus bensbus at verizon.net
Thu Jun 14 19:34:44 EDT 2007

Greetings all:

I have an annoying "chirp" squeaking sound in the Rampside when driving at speed and there is some vibration going down the road.

I strongly believe it is in the steering linkage somewhere as the squeak will stop if the wheel is turned right or left. It only squeaks when the steering wheel is in the straight position.

Also, when at idle, the squeak can be made by turning the wheel left. I haven't been able to find the source yet.

What components of the steering system could be a culprit? Where are the lube points?

Thanks!  Ben