[FC] Need help with deciding on WHERE to start

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 26 23:28:55 EDT 2007

So, now I'm confused...   What did this mean?

"--but I'm thinking that I need to get the truck out of my friend's yard and
at least home with me so I can stare at it. :)"

There is too much to do and to spend for your current situation, as I read
it.  Got another friend that will store it for a while - preferably INSIDE -
on concrete - for free?

When you have the time AND the money.....
Before you make it run you need to be sure it can STOP.  So, the first stem
is to do the entire brake system - all hard lines, hoses, wheel cylinders,
master cylinder.  The next (part of it simultaneous) is to take care of the
fuel system.  Drop the gas tank and clean inside and out and coat inside
with sealant.  Replace rubber lines.

Next, drop the engine out and fix the clutch problem.  Clean up the engine -
get rid of the mouse house under the shroud and between the cylinders etc.
Figure to do all this stuff within a year or you'll be doing some of it over
again.  None of this will be "free".

Later, JR